Listening to: Breathing Again - Of Eyes That See
101 Questions You Should Be Able to Answer About Your Character
(Must be in OC's POV)
Character: Keera Natuke
1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
My birth name is Keera Dawn Natuke, but when I was adopted by Delrune's family I took on their last name, Misako.
2. How old are you? When is your birthday?
I am 19 years old, born on July 26th.
3. Where were you born? Where do you live now? Are you patriotic?
I was born in the Natuke Clan Village, located 20 miles south of my current residence in Sadeha. I'm very much a patriotical gal for my beloved homeland.
4. Who are/were your parents? (Names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My dad is Zachary Natuke and my mother is Analita Natuke. Both were members of the Natuke Clan High Council. I loved them dearly.
5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
My only sibling is my sister, Skyler. She was like a best friend to me. We always hung out.
6. What is your occupation?
Even though I'm 19, I am currently a 4th year student at Seitako Academy, which is a private high school in Sadeha.
7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
I am 5'10" tall, weighing 133lbs.
8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?
My hair is black and my eyes are a lighter shade of violet.
9. What is your race?
I am Caucasian.
10. To which social class do you belong?
When I was younger, I was upper class, but as of now, I am middle class, but I have no complaints.
11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?
I feel as though I'm an attractive girl, and so does Delrune.
12. What is your style of dress?
I don't tend to dress fancy outside of my school uniform, usually a tank-top and a skirt or shorts.
13. Do you have any scars?
I have one main scar along my upper back, but anything else is temporary or healed. The main scar I've had for almost 5 years.
14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I don't recall any allergies or diseases, unless you call love a disease. I also can't recall any physical weaknesses.
15. Are you right- or left-handed?
I'm right handed.
16. What does your voice sound like?
I have a medium pitched voice that can reach higher at times. My voice is soothing to listen to, so I'm told.
17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?
I use a vocabulary common to young adults, and I use a special vocabulary amongst my closest friends.
18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.
My hair is always parted over one eye. I don't know why, maybe it's just cuter that way. Another one is that I'm always wearing the bracelet my mother gave me when I was young. It's my special treasure. The last one is you will ALWAYS find me talking to one of my good friends.
19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes?
I bathe all the time. It feels weird not to. Perfume really isn't my thing.
20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?
I try to keep a modest smile. When I'm working hard, it's usually a very serious stare.
21. Do you use body language? How?
I'm not the girl to use flirtatious body language. I know when to use formal, proper body language.
22. Do you have a commonly used saying?
Not really. I don't really use sayings or things of that nature.
23. What is your earliest memory?
I was 7 years old and my mother came to me with her, now mine, bracelet. She handed it to me and told me to never lose it. Shortly after, I could hear the village being destroyed by our century old rivals, the Matsu Clan. My sister and I ran for our lives from our home and managed to escape, being the only survivors of the massacre. We got split up in a storm, but eventually reunited 2 years later.
24. How much schooling have you had? Did you enjoy it?
I was in school from 5 years old until age 13 when the great Genovan Tournament took place for 6 years. I did school part time during the battles. I am now re-enrolled in an academy.
25. Where did you learn most of your knowledge and skill?
My knowledge I gained over the 6 years were from school and my combat instructor for the tournament. My skills were also taught by my instructor, however, I surpassed the expectations and learned much, much more.
26. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Great until the Clan War. After that it was hard to recover, but I managed after being adopted by the Misakos.
27. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a member of our Clan Council, just like my parents.
28. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Well, um. Delrune was my first kiss. It happened when we were 13, by complete accident.
29. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
This questionnaire gets a bit personal doesn't it? Yes, I'm still a virgin.
30. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Does that affect you?
My parents were both Clan Council members, a very honorable role in our village. It didn't have much effect on me personally.
31. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
By far, the Genovan Tournament. 6 years is a long time to be in constant watch and fear for your life.
32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I'd have to say winning the tournament is the greatest achievement.
33. What is your greatest regret?
Killing Giron is my biggest reget so far. I didn't want to, but his clan brought great turmoil in my life.
34. What is the most embarrassing or shameful thing ever to happen to you?
When I was 13, Delrune and I were walking in the halls at school. He rushed down a flight of stairs, which me being the competitive girl I was, followed in his actions. I tripped on the second to last step and fell onto Delrune, accidentally kissing him. We were both red as a rose.
35. Do you have any secrets? If so, what are they?
I try not to keep secrets any more. They only end up hurting people, or myself.
36. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
As mentioned before, I killed Giron during the tournament.
37. When was the time you were the most frightened?
There was a huge storm during the 6th year of the tournament. I was all alone in an open field, with no one to cling to for protection. This was shortly after we, the combatants of the tournament, were released from training to finally begin the fights.
38. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, to where?
I've traveled to many countries outside of Sadeha, but none very well known.
39. What is your alignment?
I believe the path of good is the only right path.
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm optimistic, but at times, I have pessimistic doubts.
41. Do you believe in a god? If so, which one and why?
I've never had a determined or set religion, so I guess no.
42. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Going with the previous question, I don't fully believe in an afterlife.
43. What is your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is being separated from Delrune again. He's my dearest friend and is practically my brother.
44. What makes you angry? Sad? Happy? Why?
I get flustered when there is pointless fighting. The entire tournament angered and saddened me. I'm always happy when I get to spend time with my friends, especially Delrune.
45. Do you think people are basically good or basically evil?
There is an evil in everyone. How much of it that shows is completely dependent on how the individual was raised/treated.
46. What are your views on politics?
I'm not much on politics. Living a free life with a thriving economy is my ideal life.
47. What are your views on gambling, lying, theft, and killing?
I'm not one to gamble or lie, and I don't like people who do lie. Theft is wrong, as well is killing.
48. How far will you go to defend your beliefs?
That's a tricky one to say. I stand firm on my beliefs and will oppose those who go against them.
49. How much do you value money?
Money is only as valuable as the hand it is placed in. I don't feel the need to be rich. As long as I can get by on life, I'm okay.
50. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Murder is the worst thing someone can do, especially murder of someone weaker than the person or family.
51. Do you believe in self-sacrifice for the greater good?
I will sacrifice my life for my friends.
52. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
53. Are you superstitious?
Not really. Thought I've dealt with other worldly beings and the supernatural, I'm not one to believe in superstitions.
54. How much do you respect the beliefs and opinions of others?
I respect everyone's beliefs and opinions until the begin tearing down another person's.
55. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
I'm very honest about myself. Why would I need to lie about that?
56. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Every person has a few, and I'm no exception.
DEALING WITH OTHERS
57. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Delrune is the most important person in my life. He took me in when I was all alone as a child. He and his family cared for me in my time of need.
58. Who is the person you respect the most? Despise the most? Why?
I respect Ashron the most. He is a very wise and level-headed individual. I despised Zebolu until recently. He had killed Delrune during the tournament and became the focus of my revenge.
59. Do you have a significant other? Who? Why?
Yes, of course. Delrune is my significant other. He's my closest friend and is like family to me.
60. Do you have a lot of friends? Who is your best friend?
I have quite a few friends but Delrune is my closest.
61. How do you relate to members of the same race? Class? Sex?
I treat all races, classes, and men equally until they do something that doesn't deserve my respect.
63. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Delrune was my biggest crush, even though he was kinda like a brother. Nowadays, he is basically my boyfriend.
64. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Someone who will treat me with the kindness and thoughtfulness that every person deserves, no matter their past history.
65. How close are you to your family?
My family died when I was 7. I reunited with Skyler at age 9 and Delrune is the last "family" member left. So I'm very close to those two.
66. Do you want a marriage, family, and/or children?
I hope to one day be married to Delrune and raise a child, preferably a girl.
67. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I try my best to avoid conflict.
68. Are you a listener or a talker?
A little of both.
69. How long does it usually take for you to trust others?
It takes some time to earn my trust. It's something they really have to earn.
70. Do you hold grudges?
I'm friends with the guy who killed Delrune, so does that answer that? I did hold a grudge, but then I realized how pointless it was.
71. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I am usually the leadership type in a situation.
72. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
I'm very social so being in large groups is always a pleasure.
73. How well do you express yourself?
I guess pretty well. No one has tried to kill me yet, outside the tournament of course.
74. How quickly do you judge others?
I try not to judge too quickly. Everyone didn't get to live the same life. Why would I judge someone for being different than myself?
75. Do you care what others think of you?
I don't typically, but with Delrune, I care a lot, because, well, you know.
76. Do you have any enemies? How or why are they your enemy?
After the tournament, I lost all my potential enemies. During it, however, almost everyone was an enemy for the reason that my life was on the line.
77. What is your favorite pastime? Color? Food? Possession?
I love relaxing outdoors. My favorite color is blue, and my favorite food is Ramen. My bracelet is my personal treasure.
78. What are your preferences in arts and/or entertainment?
I love soft rock music, especially when I'm relaxing.
79. Do you smoke, drink, go whoring, or use drugs? Why or why not?
Excuse my language, but HELL NO! I don't do that kind of stuff. It's a waste of my time.
80. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Hanging out at home with friends, usually Delrune.
81. What is your most cherished fantasy?
Fantasy? Well, uh, I guess it would be seeing Delrune stroll up to me then sweep me into his arms as we walk off into the sunset, my arms wrapped around him.
82. How long is your attention span?
It's longer than most people's.
83. Do you laugh a lot? What do you find funny?
I laugh a bit, not a ton though. A good joke will do the trick.
84. Is there anything that shocks or offends you? If so, what?
After enduring a year of life threatening fights, nothing in this world could shock or offend me anymore.
85. How do you deal with stress?
I go out to a tree and ponder.
86. How much athletic ability do you have? Artistic?
I'm very athletic, but not very artistic.
87. Do you like animals? Do you like children?
I love children, and puppies are my one weakness. When I see a cute puppy, I get creepy weird.
88. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I try to stay spontaneous.
89. Do you have a pet? If so, what is his/her name? Species? Fur color? Etc…
Unfortunately, I don't have any pets.
90. What is your greatest strength as a person? Weakness?
My greatest strength is my adaptability and comprehension to a situation. My greatest weakness is my recollection of the past. Past events tend to haunt me for far too long.
91. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd probably want to have a more cheery personality, but living the life I've had, sometimes it's hard to do that.
92. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I think more introverted than extroverted.
93. Do you like yourself?
Of course I like myself. If I can't like myself, then who can?
94. Do you have a daily routine? How do you feel if your day is interrupted?
Going to school then spending time with friends. If I don't get that time with them, I feel odd.
95. What goal do you most want to accomplish in the next six months? Your lifetime?
I'd like to finish my last semester of school and marry Delrune and raise a family.
96. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
Living a happy life with Delrune and our friends, raising a happy family.
97. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I would want it to happen quickly. Nothing makes me cringe more than the thought of a slow death.
98. What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?
My courageousness. I'm one to take on life threatening battles even if I know I may not be able to prevail.
99. What three words would you use to best describe your personality?
Accepting, intelligent, friendly.
100. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Courageous, loving, hard-working.
101. Why are you risking your life to adventure?
Life is about taking risks. I had to endure hardships than many people will never experience in the course of their lives. I've had to risk my life for not only the sake of myself, but for other people. I'm not one to remain static for too long. I always traveled during the tournament until I reunited with Delrune. Call it crazy, but sometimes, you have to risk your life to really understand what it means to live.
This was a fun way to really dig into my first and favorite character, Keera. I had so much fun doing this, and it made me appreciate her story more than I ever could have. Thanks Pencil-Wolf for posting this. Please take the time to do one for one of your own characters!